Saturday, April 28, 2012

Moo Hoo Chocolate Stout by Terrapin Brewing Co.



Over the course of the last 4 days I have had a wide selection of wonderful food and drink in the company of the best friends I have known as my wife and I returned to Atlanta to celebrate her ten-year college reunion. Tonight we will have one last dinner with Sarah, friend to us and blogger of Juicy Bits, and as a pre-dinner beer, I worked my way around her fridge and pulled out a couple bottles of Terrapin Brewing Company’s seasonal “Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout,” brewed in nearby Athens, Georgia.  

The beer pours out a rich black hue that laughs at the suggestion of any translucence, and is crowned with a chocolate milk head that sits about a dimes width atop the brew.

Taking in a large whiff off the top of the beverage, a mild aroma of bitter coffee and alcohol round out a bready nose.

With the first mouthful of this beer, my palate was attacked with a very rich and complex overt chocolate profile.  A milk chocolate front end that was malty and sweet was turned on its head with the bitterness and alcohol hotness of rich dark chocolate. As the second and third sips are consumed, the bitterness subsides dramatically and the beer takes on a wonderfully creamy flavor and mouthfeel with a wet, sweet finish.

This beer is an example of the quality that this brewery brings to the table of craft beer drinkers in the southeast. Moo Hoo makes me go boo hoo for what I miss out on in the Lone Star State.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...