Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trinidad Paradox Churchill Review






Happy Election Day my fellow smokers and drinkers!

I know it’s been a while since the last time I posted any new content here on Intoxico as life showed its not so pretty head around the corner just as things started to pick up. I will avoid going into great detail, but my mother had some persistent health issues escalate after a relative defrauded her of a nice sum of money. This has required a bit of additional assistance and vigilance from my brother and me, as well as our spouses.

Thankfully, things are settling down, and slowly my new space is getting squared away, so I have taken the day off to build some shelves from IKEA and do a touch of cleaning, as well as light up a cigar while results from the Obama and Romney dance are being tallied.


 The cigar du jour is a Trinidad Paradox Churchill. Wrapped in a a Cuban seed Crillo wrapper grown in Mexico that is an oh so nice reddish brown, Dominican binder, Nicaraguan filler, and with dimensions of 54 by 7, this boxed pressed stogie is heavy, even for its not so small size.

 Taking a prelight draw to avoid trying to light a plugged cigar, the raw tobacco offers a slightly earthy body accented by gingerbread notes.

First light has a dry finish with a slight acridity, and offers a mild spice and generic, woodsy body.

At an inch and a half the acridity dies down considerably, and the spiciness becomes more medium full in body, with notes of oak and cedar balancing the smoke. A slight burning issue started, but without any aid from myself corrected itself beautifully.

Half way through the smoke the cigar maintains its medium full profile, with wood and earth notes pulling ahead of the generic spice, accented by a slight nutmeg aspect. A nice, natural tobacco sweetness begins to round out the finish, adding a little something extra to the experience.

With the ring of glowing red tinder inching closer towards the band, the nicotine of the cigar is starting to throw a few jabs, and landing them squarely on my stomach and noggin.

Putting the cigar to rest, I must say that the cigar was enjoyable, albeit not an earth-shaking smoke. I would recommend it to anyone with the inkling to try this solid stick, and I might buy another on a whim, but I am not persuaded to stockpile the Trinidad Paradox by the box.


Well, a nice pork tenderloin is in the oven, my wife is waiting for me to join her as we watch the returns, and I have drinks to partake in. Regardless of the outcome of this election I hope that whoever wins will be honest and diligent in leading this country, and I hope that we all can continue to imbibe as Americans across party lines.

Happy Smoking!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...