Sunday, January 11, 2009

Frog Morton on the Bayou - McClelland


For Christmas, as you should be aware if you read this blog, I was gifted a Castleford pipe and a tin of Frog Morton on the Bayou. A Cajun blend from my Cajun wife :) .

The tin note is that of ketchup, earth and pepper.

Because of the Perique in the blend it did share some similar pepper flavors from the Bayou Morning that I've reviewed previously, but overall was quite diffrent. Instead of the sweetness of a Virgina baseof the Morning, the contrast of Oriental and exhibited a more earthy, smokey flavor with a floral high note that complements the pepper notes really nicley.

The bowl burned quite well, staying dry despite the fact i can be a fast smoker.

I would say the blend has a medium flavor, not being as overpowering as a Dunhill Nightcap for example.
Meanwhile the mixture does have a mean nicotine punch, so smoke it on a full stomach.

I Highly recommend this blend. Happy Smoking!

1 comment:

Marcheline said...

Hey!

I found your blog via the My Pipes Community website, and I like what I've read so far.

Feel free to drop by my blog (either one) and hang. I'm GezerFan on My Pipes Community - also a newbie and already causing consternation among the curmudgeons! WOOT!

- M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...