Saturday, May 28, 2011

Reissdorf Kölsch






Despite the fact that I have an abundance of beer to drink, I decided I needed to acquire a little more beer with word that a Georgia brewery was releasing a seasonal beer that I had previously missed out on, and that I wanted to take advantage of the recent change in state law allowing for the sale of Growlers.

When I got to Hop City, not having the brew that I was hoping for based on previous twitter messages, I went back and forth on which beer to enjoy, deciding on the first European import that I’ve purchased in a while, Reissdorf Kölsch, hailing from Cologne, Germany.

Pouring the beer a bit too aggressively, the beer pours a clear straw color with a massive, stark white head that, after dissipating quickly, aggressively clung to the side of the pint glass.

Grain and grass are prominent on the olfactory front in a manner that is very similar to American macro pilsners.

The flavor itself is medium to mild with grain as the primary profile of this beer. Combing malt undertones, and a crisp, a slightly bitter tang on the back end make this beer very crisp and refreshing.  While this mildness makes it very drinkable, it also makes this beer not very exciting, and likely one I will not revisit.

Prost!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...