Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Korean Donut



A week ago my wife and I traveled to Dallas to drop a few things off at my mother’s house, including 5 cases of beer and 2 dogs. 

While in town we decided to have a few local treats that one cannot find this far east in the dirty dirty. 

Personally, I was about getting a few meals at a regional fast food chain known as Whataburger, but my wife has a definite lust for sweets, and a desire for what my family refers to as “Korean donuts.” Now, full disclosure, I cannot with any authority say that the proprietors of these little, non chain, donut stores are actually run by Koreans, but they are of a pacific rim linage. 




As opposed to the big chains that operate on the east coast, these independent propitors serve a lighter and sweeter donut that just can’t be beat. While they do offer the same selection of Dunkin or Krispy Kreme, it’s not needed thanks to sweet donut perfection. Now if only they could get the coffee to be just as good...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...