Friday, July 22, 2011

Wagons West for Pope Crisco


When I was in college I had an art professor that spent one day joking about his time in Chicago, and about how people who would leave the Dallas/Fort Worth area where always destined to return. At the time, I remember thinking that if I ever left Texas, it would be a one way trip.

If you’ve read my blog over the previous month or so, you would be aware that right now I am eating proverbial crow, for Monday morning I will beginning a trip West, back to the North Texas suburbs that I called home for the first 26 years of my life.  

What does that mean for this blog?

Well, the first thing it means is that there will be a slight hiatus from posting, due to a trip to my in-laws in Lafayette, LA that will keep me away from my blog until the beginning of August. Now, that hiatus will likely not be too extended, in fact I have new beers to drink, and cigars to smoke, waiting for me in Texas. Preceding this move, I brought a case of new beers from Georgia to sample and my two dogs down to my mother’s house a few weeks ago, and I have some cigars as well waiting to be enjoyed. If you find you need more Pope Crisco content though, I will be using my Twitter account (@theintoxico) to do informal beer impressions, and general drunken silliness.  By following me, as well, will get you good karma, and make me a happier drinker.

The other thing it means for this blog, and I do see it as a good thing, a move will make a new host of local beers available to me. Right now I have more than enough Texas beers on my “try list” to anticipate that it seems I will have an endless amount of fodder on the beer scene in the lone star state.  I will try to balance the local beers with those available nationally though, reading about beer you can’t try would be kind of boring, and possibly frustrating.

Between now and my exodus, I do plan a couple more reviews, including Great Divide’s 2X IPA, and Highland Brewing Company’s Gaelic Ale, likely to be done tonight, assuming I can make the time before my internet is shut off.  Even without internet access, they will be written and posted when able to do so.
As always, thanks for keeping up with my blog. Please keep commenting, subscribing, and being an awesome audience.

Pope Crisco

(PS, I promise to do my best to not become the guy described in the Bud Light radio spot, posted in the video below.)




1 comment:

Joffre The Giant said...

May your hiatus be short. Safe journeys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...