Saturday, June 18, 2011

Two CIgar Review, Nick's Sticks Robusto and Rocky Patel's Edge Belicoso Maduro


It’s Saturday, and with my wife working a wine tasting at a small boutique deli this afternoon, I have some free time to work on a few projects, do some dishes, and light up a few cigars that I picked up yesterday to enjoy before my cash flow runs out prior to my move to Texas. 
After a bad morning in the doctor’s office after waiting 4 hours to see a doctor when I had previously taken the time to schedule an appointment, I needed something turn in my favor, so I picked up a Nick’s Stick Robusto rolled by Perdomo, and a Rocky Patel Edge maduro belicoso.


The Nick Stick Robusto, 5 by 52, Natural 


There is Nutty prelight draw, and being carless with my lighting technique start off with an uneven burn that eventually corrected itself near the end of the five inch cigar.
The Initial flavor is a mild, generic spice that carries throughout the smoking experience, which lasted me about an hour. The construction of the cigar is nice, it’s flavor is well balanced, and priced at 4.75 for the robusto, a good value. 



It likely won’t wow your taste buds, but it will leave you satisfied with mild, inoffensive flavor, and with its reasonable price, would garnish a moderate recommendation to the curious smoker.

Edge by Rocky Patel Belicoso, 5 by 48, Maduro


The burn on the initial light is nice and even, and along with the nice visual, there is a nice earthiness followed by a slight pepper note, and some sourness.   The cigar feels hefty in my fingers, that rub against a velvety maduro wrapper.

By the first inch the earthiness has subsided, the spice has become more pronounced, perhaps in the medium full range of flavor, with coffee notes and the same initial sourness coming and going on the back end.  There is a lovely amount of smoke to this cigar.


Close to the halfway point the coffee flavors previously have become more pronounced, become earthier in nature, and has subdued the spice of the smoke.  From this point through the end of the cigar it becomes predominately more earthy while retaining a nice balanced spiciness.

Happy Smoking,

Pope Crisco

1 comment:

garth said...

I am very much happy this cigar and it was absolutely one of my favorites from Rocky Patel. It perceive actual nicely in my hand and was actual adequate during the smoke.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/dunhill+aged+dominican+cigars

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...